Re: Minor typo

От Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Тема Re: Minor typo
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
This is a noise from a Japanese having poor English skill..

At Wed, 28 Nov 2018 10:01:36 +0900, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote in <20181128010136.GU1716@paquier.xyz>
> On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 07:51:03PM -0500, Stephen Frost wrote:
> > That isn't at all what I got from that.
> >
> > A rewrite of this really should avoid talking about removing the hole as
> > if it's 'compression' because, first of all, it isn't, and second, now
> > that we have *actual* compression happening, it's terribly confusing to
> > talk about removing the hole using that terminology.
>
> You may want to be careful about other comments in xloginsert.c or such
> then.  Removing a page hole is mentioned in a couple of places as a form
> of compression if I recall correctly.

org> When wal_compression is enabled, a full page image which "hole" was
org> removed is additionally compressed using PGLZ compression algorithm.

Even though it has an obvious mistake, I could read this as
full_page_image is always compressed after removing a hole in it
if any. (I'm not sure it makes correct sense, though.) I feel
hopelessly that the sentence structure model in my mind is
different from that of natives. I need to study harder, but..

Sorry for the noise in advance.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi