Re: tab-completion debug print

От David Fetter
Тема Re: tab-completion debug print
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 03:54:55PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> David Fetter <david@fetter.org> writes:
> > Do we still want this as a compile-time option, or does it make more
> > sense as a run-time option? I'm thinking that with \L, it might make
> > sense as a run-time option.
>
> This seems to me to be strictly a developer debugging feature.

I would have thought so, but as our tab completion gets bigger--and
it's been steadily doing that--we may find ourselves in a situation
where it'd be handy to debug things in a production environment, with
all the restrictions that implies.

Can we conceive of a circumstance where the check for -L/\L would be
significant?  I've seen people type pretty quickly, but not thus far
fast enough to notice a cache miss.

Best,
David.
Phone: +1 415 235 3778