Re: pg_stat_statements: can we extend the object names to thequalified names?

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: pg_stat_statements: can we extend the object names to thequalified names?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2018-Nov-27, Sergei Agalakov wrote:

> We do see that the queries are different but we can't see why they are so
> much different in the execution time.
> If the pg_stat_statements module would extend the object name to the
> qualified names like s1.t1 and s2.t2 then we would see the report as
> 3004391594 select count(*) from s1.t1
> 1336375111 select count(*) from s2.t1
> with an immediate understanding of what's going on.

I think this is hard to do in a really useful manner -- if we qualify
all names in the query, it becomes mangled to the point that it's no
longer easily recognizable (users want to "grep" their applications to
see where the queries are).  Maybe we can have a second column that
shows the query with all object names schema-qualified, keeping the
original one that uses the query as entered by the user.

Сообщение: Re: pg_stat_statements: can we extend the object names to thequalified names?
Сообщение: Re: pg_stat_statements: can we extend the object names to thequalified names?