Re: Remove Deprecated Exclusive Backup Mode

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Remove Deprecated Exclusive Backup Mode
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 26, 2018 at 10:13:34PM -0500, David Steele wrote:
> Non-exclusive backups have been available since 9.6 and several third-party
> solutions support this mode, in addition to pg_basebackup.

I think that two releases is not actually that much time to just nuke
the exclusive backup interface.  I would be fine if the docs show the
deprecation more aggressively using a warning section, and we could add
an explicit WARNING message about the matter directly when calling
pg_start_backup and pg_stop_backup.

My 2c.
--
Michael