Re: pgsql: Add PGXS options to control TAP and isolation tests

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: pgsql: Add PGXS options to control TAP and isolation tests
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Nov 25, 2018 at 11:53:02PM +0000, Michael Paquier wrote:
> Add PGXS options to control TAP and isolation tests
>
> The following options are added for extensions:
> - TAP_TESTS, to allow an extention to run TAP tests which are the ones
> present in t/*.pl.  A subset of tests can always be run with the
> existing PROVE_TESTS for developers.
> - ISOLATION, to define a list of isolation tests.
> - ISOLATION_OPTS, to pass custom options to isolation_tester.
>
> A couple of custom Makefile targets have been accumulated across the
> tree to cover the lack of facility in PGXS for a couple of releases when
> using those test suites, which are all now replaced with the new flags,
> without reducing the test coverage.  This also fixes an issue with
> contrib/bloom/, which had a custom target to trigger its TAP tests of
> its own not part of the main check runs.

Several buildfarm members complain about this commit, including dory and
longfin:
https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=dory&dt=2018-11-26%2000%3A00%3A26
https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=longfin&dt=2018-11-25%2023%3A59%3A03

The error comes from the TAP tests of contrib/bloom/, which we have
never run across the buildfarm until now:
#   Failed test 'initial: query result matches'
#   at t/001_wal.pl line 38.
#          got: '0|d
# 0|9
# 0|3

I am not sure what to think of that yet, so as a short-term fix and to
keep the buildfarm green, I am going to disable the TAP tests for bloom,
but something is busted there, either in the code or in the tests.
--
Michael

Вложения