Re: allow online change primary_conninfo

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: allow online change primary_conninfo
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Nov 25, 2018 at 01:43:13PM -0800, Andres Freund wrote:
> On 2018-11-26 00:25:43 +0300, Sergei Kornilov wrote:
>> I think we have no futher reason to have a copy of conninfo and slot
>> name in WalRcvData, so i propose remove these fields from
>> pg_stat_get_wal_receiver() (and pg_stat_wal_receiver view). This data
>> can be accesible now via regular GUC commands.
>
> Is that wise? It seems possible that wal receivers run for a while with
> the old connection information, and without this information that seems
> hard to debug.

No, that's unwise.  One of the reasons why conninfo is around is that we
know to which server a receiver is connected when specifying multiple
host and/or port targets in the configuration.  Please see 9a895462 for
the details.

Removing the slot does not look like an improvement to me either,
following Andres' argument.
--
Michael

Вложения