Re: Documentation for create unique index is insuficient and(because of that) incorrect

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Documentation for create unique index is insuficient and(because of that) incorrect
Дата
Re: Documentation for create unique index is insuficient and (because of that) incorrect  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-docs
On 2018-Nov-20, Tom Lane wrote:

> So what I think I should do is reformulate that discussion to talk
> about making covering indexes with INCLUDE, and then mention in
> passing that you can also do it without that as long as you don't mind
> the payload columns being part of the index semantics.

That seems sensible.

> I'm also wondering whether to move that section someplace earlier
> in chapter 11.  Right now it's near the end because it's mostly
> info about an implementation detail; but it wouldn't be hard to
> make the argument that covering indexes are more important than,
> say, indexes with custom collations.  Should we move it, and if
> so to where?

I think right next to 11.5, which currently completes the topic of how
are indexes used, is a good place.

Сообщение: Re: Documentation for create unique index is insuficient and (because of that) incorrect
Сообщение: Re: Documentation for create unique index is insuficient and (becauseof that) incorrect