Re: Buildfarm failures for hash indexes: buffer leaks

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Buildfarm failures for hash indexes: buffer leaks
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2018-11-19 17:32:37 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> > FWIW, it seems that gcc's trunk works again. But I'm not sure this isn't
> > just an accident and the optimization's introduced in the above revision
> > aren't still broken.
> > https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_history.pl?nm=moonjelly&br=HEAD
>
> Yeah, I saw that moonjelly had gone green.  Are you going to update
> serinus' compiler soon?

I'm using debian's gcc-snapshot package, which updates a bit less
frequently than what Fabien does. It'll auto-update as soon as that has
happened.

What disconcerts me a bit is that afaict there wasn't an intentional fix
in the relevant area (disabling value range propagation fixes the
miscompilation), so I'm not quite sure.

> (And while I'm bugging you, would you fix your buildfarm menagerie
> to build REL_11_STABLE?)

Oh, hum. I thought I had. But I did it only for the LLVM enabled
animals. Results should be coming up soon.

Greetings,

Andres Freund