Re: [HACKERS] WIP Patch: Pgbench Serialization and deadlock errors

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [HACKERS] WIP Patch: Pgbench Serialization and deadlock errors
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2018-Nov-19, Marina Polyakova wrote:

> On 2018-11-16 22:59, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > On 2018-Sep-05, Marina Polyakova wrote:
> >
> > > v11-0001-Pgbench-errors-use-the-RandomState-structure-for.patch
> > > - a patch for the RandomState structure (this is used to reset a
> > > client's
> > > random seed during the repeating of transactions after
> > > serialization/deadlock failures).
> >
> > Pushed this one with minor stylistic changes (the most notable of which
> > is the move of initRandomState to where the rest of the random generator
> > infrastructure is, instead of in a totally random place).  Thanks,
>
> Thank you very much! I'm going to send a new patch set until the end of this
> week (I'm sorry I was very busy in the release of Postgres Pro 11...).

Great, thanks.

I also think that the pgbench_error() patch should go in before the main
one.  It seems a bit pointless to introduce code using a bad API only to
fix the API together with all the new callers immediately afterwards.