Re: Speeding up INSERTs and UPDATEs to partitioned tables

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Speeding up INSERTs and UPDATEs to partitioned tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I repeated David's original tests not terribly rigorously[*] and got
these numbers:

* Unpatched:    72.396196
* 0001     :    77.279404
* 0001+0002: 20409.415094
*      0002:   816.606613
* control  : 22969.140596 (insertion into unpartitioned table)

So while this patch by itself gives a pretty lame increase in tps, it
removes bottlenecks that will appear once we change the locking scheme.

[*] On my laptop, running each test only once for 60s.