Re: [HACKERS] Decimal64 and Decimal128

От David Fetter
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Decimal64 and Decimal128
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 11:01:33AM +1300, David Rowley wrote:
> On 13 November 2018 at 10:39, Thomas Munro
> <thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> > ... and it has just been voted into the next revision of the C language:
> >
> > https://gustedt.wordpress.com/2018/11/12/c2x/
>
> Nice.  Maybe we can get DECFLOAT into core around PostgreSQL 32 or so :-)

That's the same schedule we were on for C99, assuming linearity.  If
instead we assume that the speed increases with, say, more developers,
it seems reasonable to imagine that we'd have optional C2X features in
PostgreSQL 14 or 15, assuming support for it in at least two common
compiler toolchains ;)

Best,
David.
Phone: +1 415 235 3778