Re: BUG #15212: Default values in partition tables don't work asexpected and allow NOT NULL violation

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: BUG #15212: Default values in partition tables don't work asexpected and allow NOT NULL violation
Дата
Ответ на Re: BUG #15212: Default values in partition tables don't work asexpected and allow NOT NULL violation  (Jürgen Strobel <juergen+postgresql@strobel.info>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2018-Nov-09, Jürgen Strobel wrote:

> OK got it. I agree about differing COLLATE clauses making no sense and
> with the ERROR+WARNING solution, but I didn't report that.

Yeah, I happened to notice it on code inspection.

> The NULL violation is obvious too.

Yeah, IMO that was an obvious bugfix.

> I still hope for a bug fix for the DEFAULT clause with sensible
> restrictions.

Yeah, I understand that this is the one that you really care about.
However, I think a fix is unlikely to be back-patchable, because it may
break existing applications that are written to expect the current
behavior.

Сообщение: Re: BUG #15212: Default values in partition tables don't work asexpected and allow NOT NULL violation
Сообщение: Re: BUG #15212: Default values in partition tables don't work as expected and allow NOT NULL violation