Re: BUG #15212: Default values in partition tables don't work asexpected and allow NOT NULL violation

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: BUG #15212: Default values in partition tables don't work asexpected and allow NOT NULL violation
Дата
Ответ на Re: BUG #15212: Default values in partition tables don't work asexpected and allow NOT NULL violation  (Jürgen Strobel <juergen+postgresql@strobel.info>)
Ответы Re: BUG #15212: Default values in partition tables don't work asexpected and allow NOT NULL violation  (Jürgen Strobel <juergen+postgresql@strobel.info>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2018-Nov-09, Jürgen Strobel wrote:

> I am slightly confused now, I thought this landmine was already fixed in
> master and what remains is only whether to backport it or not? Which I
> guess depends on whether this is classified as a bug or not.

Hmm, I changed (and back-patched) what happens to the NOT NULL clauses,
but as I understand the behavior of the DEFAULT clauses has not changed.

> Since the fix has the potential to break current applications and the
> documentation is vague about wanted behavior I think it would be
> sensible to add a warning only, even if we agree to call it a bug.

Hmm, the part I was first proposing to backpatch as an ERROR was a
mismatch in the COLLATE clause; then I talked about using a WARNING.  I
ended up backpatching neither -- only immortalized the current behavior
in a test case.  I think it should be an ERROR, but in master only.

The DEFAULT clauses are a different problem (landmine) :-)