Re: Should new partitions inherit their tablespace from their parent?

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Should new partitions inherit their tablespace from their parent?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Nov 08, 2018 at 12:50:40PM +1300, David Rowley wrote:
> How about we record the tablespace option for the partitioned table in
> reltablespace instead of saving it as 0.  Newly created partitions
> which don't have a TABLESPACE mentioned in the CREATE TABLE command
> should be created in their direct parent partitioned tables
> tablespace.

I have seen enough complains on the mailing lists regarding the way
tablespaces are handled for partitioned tables and their partitions that
it looks like a very good idea to make the tablespace being inherited
automatically, by setting up reltablespace to a non-zero value even if
a partitioned table has no physical presence.  Of course not on v11 or
older releases, just on HEAD.  It is no good to have partitioned indexes
and partitioned tables being handling inconsistently for such things.
--
Michael

Вложения