Re: effective_cache_size

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: effective_cache_size
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Mon, Nov  5, 2018 at 02:01:12PM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> On 2018-Nov-05, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > Well, here are the lines in guc.c:
> >
> >             gettext_noop("Sets the planner's assumption about the size of the data cache."),
> >             gettext_noop("That is, the size of the cache used for PostgreSQL data files. "
> >                          "This is measured in disk pages, which are normally 8 kB each."),
>
> I suggest "the size of data caches", plural, in the first line (two
> letters shorter, since I lost the article).  And in the second line, use
> "... the size of the combined caches used for Pg data files, including
> both the kernel cache and shared buffers" -- a few words longer, which
> seems worth it to me.

OK, I handled it slightly differently:

    https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/b43df566b372650a9b9e2a0dd9e695c1f16da14f

I think "the size of" anything plural is confusing so I said "the total
size of".

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: effective_cache_size
От: PG Doc comments form
Сообщение: tables (and other objects) are automatically put into a schema named"public"