Re: Getting ERROR: could not open file "base/13164/t3_16388" withpartition table with ON COMMIT

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Getting ERROR: could not open file "base/13164/t3_16388" withpartition table with ON COMMIT
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 05, 2018 at 04:37:25PM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> I think this code should collect all the OIDs to be dropped, then use a
> single performMultipleDeletions() at the end, after the heap_truncate
> call is done.  That seems better to me than a relkind check.

Yes, using a relkind checks seems error-prone to me, and you worked hard
to make sure that the drop machinery handles dependencies by itself,
(because you authored that work, right? :) ).

Amit has started a new thread about this problem as that's not only
related to partitions, but also to inheritance:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/68f17907-ec98-1192-f99f-8011400517f5@lab.ntt.co.jp

Could it be possible to move the thread there?  I have some other
comments about the patch, which I am going to provide there.
--
Michael

Вложения