Re: move PartitionBoundInfo creation code

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: move PartitionBoundInfo creation code
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Nov 01, 2018 at 01:03:00PM +0900, Amit Langote wrote:
> Done a few moments ago. :)

From the file size this move is actually negative.  From what I can see
partcache decreases to 400 lines, while partbounds increases to 3k
lines.

There are a couple of things that this patch is doing:
1) Move the functions comparing two bounds into partbounds.c.
2) Remove the chunk in charge of building PartitionBoundData into
partbounds.c for each method: list, hash and values.

From what I can see, this patch brings actually more confusion by doing
more things than just building all the PartitionBound structures as it
fills in each structure and then builds a mapping which is used to save
each partition OID into the correct mapping position.  Wouldn't it move
on with a logic without this mapping so as the partition OIDs are
directly part of PartitionBound?  It looks wrong to me to have
build_partition_boundinfo create not only partdesc->boundinfo but also
partdesc->oids, and the new routine is here to fill in data for the
former, not the latter.

The first phase building the bounds should switch to a switch/case like
the second phase.

PartitionHashBound & friends can become structures local to
partbounds.c as they are used only there.

To be more consistent with all the other routines, like
partition_bounds_equal/copy, wouldn't it be better to call the new
routine partition_bounds_build or partition_bounds_create?
--
Michael

Вложения