Re: INSTALL file

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: INSTALL file
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Nov 01, 2018 at 01:41:33PM -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
> I'm not sure that I'm really following this, because we aren't pointing
> to the development documentation, just the 'current' documentation, and
> that seems fine, and there's links on that page to the other versions of
> the page for each major version of PostgreSQL, in case someone pulled an
> older branch or such.

Imagine for example that Postgres switches from ./configure to cmake,
this makes the current version of the documentation invalid on
back-branches, still they refer to it.  If we target that stuff for
beginners, they may just look into those docs, without thinking that
they actually need the version of the docs with the branch checked out.

My 2c.
--
Michael

Вложения