Re: replication_slots usability issue

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: replication_slots usability issue
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
HI Andres,

On Wed, Oct 31, 2018 at 03:48:02PM -0700, Andres Freund wrote:
> And done.  Thanks for the report JD.

Shouldn't we also switch the PANIC to a FATAL in RestoreSlotFromDisk()?
I don't mind doing so myself if you agree with the change, only on
HEAD as you seemed to disagree about changing that on back-branches.

Also, from 691d79a which you just committed:
+       ereport(FATAL,
+               (errcode(ERRCODE_OBJECT_NOT_IN_PREREQUISITE_STATE),
+                errmsg("logical replication slots \"%s\" exists, but wal_level < logical",
+                       NameStr(cp.slotdata.name)),
I can see one grammar mistake here, as you refer to only one slot here.
The error messages should read:
"logical replication slot \"%s\" exists, but wal_level < logical"
and:
"physical replication slot \"%s\" exists, but wal_level < replica"

Thanks,
--
Michael

Вложения