Re: BUG #15471: psql 11 array concatenation in CASE takes on valuesfrom the CASE expression when using enum_range

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: BUG #15471: psql 11 array concatenation in CASE takes on valuesfrom the CASE expression when using enum_range
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi,

On 2018-10-30 09:30:54 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Good guess but I don't think that changed anything.  It looks to me
> like the culprit is commit c12d570fa, so it's my bug not Andres' :-(.

:)

> This is all some more fuel for the idea that we need a less messy
> substitute for CaseTestExpr.  As it happens, I was just fooling with
> that yesterday, and hope to have something to post soon.  But it'll
> be too invasive to back-patch.  I'll try to fix this particular
> problem more locally.

Yea, I agree we need something better there.  I happened to also play
around with that (more from the angle that we'd want similar
infrastructure for the SQL function inlining case we talked about) on
the long flights back from .eu yesterday, but didn't get that far. Will
wait till you have posted something.

Greetings,

Andres Freund