Re: rw_redis_fdw: SQL Errors when statement is within a function

От Christoph Moench-Tegeder
Тема Re: rw_redis_fdw: SQL Errors when statement is within a function
Дата
Список pgsql-general
## GPT (gptmailinglists@gmail.com):

> Why this incident has been observed when the statement is only within
> a function with variable as input parameter and not when they run
> directly with explicitly defined parameter/ In the first case, plan
> remains stable and does not change; but in the second case plan
> changes.

There you have it: that's exactly the plan caching behaviour described
in the link I posted upthread. PL/pgSQL created a prepared statement
on the first execution of a statement/expression inside a function,
and, to quote that documentation:
  If the statement has no parameters, or is executed many times, the
  SPI manager will consider creating a generic plan that is not dependent
  on specific parameter values[...]

> Anyway, this is too technical for me and even if you respond most
> probably I am not gonna get it.

But perhaps the next person researching similar question will profit
from the mailing list archives.

Regards,
Christoph

--