Re: BUG #15438: Standby corruption after "Too many open files insystem" error

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: BUG #15438: Standby corruption after "Too many open files insystem" error
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 2018-Oct-18, PG Bug reporting form wrote:

> The primary was working the whole time and recreating the standby replica,
> after configuring the user limits, seems to solve the issue.

Hmm, we recently fixed a bug were file descriptors were being leaked,
after 10.5 was tagged (commit e00f4b68dc87 [1]) but that was in logical
decoding, and the symptoms seem completely different anyway.  I'm not
sure it would affect you.  The epoll_create stuff in latch.c is pretty
young though.

[1] https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=e00f4b68dc878dcee46833a742844346daa1e3c8
[2] https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=fa31b6f4e9696f3c9777bf4ec2faea822826ce9f