Creating Certificates

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Creating Certificates
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
In "18.9.3. Creating Certificates",

To create a server certificate whose identity can be validated by
clients, first create a certificate signing request (CSR) and a
public/private key file:

openssl req -new -nodes -text -out root.csr \
  -keyout root.key -subj "/CN=root.yourdomain.com"
chmod og-rwx root.key

Then, sign the request with the key to create a root certificate
authority (using the default OpenSSL configuration file location on
Linux):

openssl x509 -req -in root.csr -text -days 3650 \
  -extfile /etc/ssl/openssl.cnf -extensions v3_ca \
  -signkey root.key -out root.crt

For me it seesm the two-step procedure can be replaced with following
one command:

openssl req -new -x509 -nodes -text -days 3650 \
  -config /etc/ssl/openssl.cnf -extensions v3_ca \
  -out root.crt -keyout root.key -subj "/CN=root.yourdomain.com"

Is there any reaon why our doc recommend the two-step procedure?

Best regards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan

Сообщение: Re: Proposed HTML Documentation Styles
Сообщение: Re: Proposed HTML Documentation Styles