Re: Use durable_unlink for .ready and .done files for WAL segmentremoval

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Use durable_unlink for .ready and .done files for WAL segmentremoval
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Greetings,

* Michael Paquier (michael@paquier.xyz) wrote:
> While reviewing the archiving code, I have bumped into the fact that
> XLogArchiveCleanup() thinks that it is safe to do only a plain unlink()
> for .ready and .done files when removing a past segment.  I don't think
> that it is a smart move, as on a subsequent crash we may still see
> those, but the related segment would have gone away.  This is not really
> a problem for .done files, but it could confuse the archiver to see some
> .ready files about things that have already gone away.

Is there an issue with making the archiver able to understand that
situation instead of being confused by it..?  Seems like that'd probably
be a good thing to do regardless of this, but that would then remove the
need for this kind of change..

Thanks!

Stephen

Вложения