Re: Why could different data in a table be processed with differentperformance?

От Justin Pryzby
Тема Re: Why could different data in a table be processed with differentperformance?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Sorry, dropped -performance.

>>> Not sure what you mean... We created indexes on some fields (on
>> I mean REINDEX INDEX articles_pkey;
>> Or (from "contrib"): /usr/pgsql-10/bin/pg_repack -i articles_pkey
>I never did it... Do you recommend to try it? Which variant is preferable?

REINDEX is likely to block access to the table [0], and pg_repack is "online"
(except for briefly acquiring an exclusive lock).

[0] https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/sql-reindex.html

>>> Sorry, I see 33 s total and 12 s for index, where do you see 7 s?
>> 6625 ms (for short query).
>> So the heap component of the long query is 14512 ms slower.
> Yes, I see, thanks.
> So reindex can help only with index component? What should I do for heap?
> May be reindex the corresponding toast table?

I think reindex will improve the heap access..and maybe the index access too.
I don't see why it would be bloated without UPDATE/DELETE, but you could check
to see if its size changes significantly after reindex.

Justin

Сообщение: Re: Why could different data in a table be processed with different performance?
Сообщение: Re: Why could different data in a table be processed with differentperformance?