Re: Changing the setting of wal_sender_timeout per standby

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Changing the setting of wal_sender_timeout per standby
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 06:21:52AM +0000, Tsunakawa, Takayuki wrote:
> How embarrassing...  I'm sorry to cause you trouble to point out a
> silly mistake like this (I thought I would write as you suggested, but
> it seems that I was not who I usually am.)  The revised patch
> attached.

Thanks for the new version.  Per my comments up-thread here, you cannot
actually use PGC_BACKEND:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20180919061303.GB19808@paquier.xyz

This would break the case where this parameter is reloaded when a
session does not use a custom value for wal_sender_timeout.  I have also
looked at all the code paths using wal_sender_timeout, and the change
looks safe to me.  Please find attached an update, simplified, version.
Does that look fine to you?
--
Michael

Вложения