Re: pgsql: Allow concurrent-safe open() and fopen() in frontend codefor Wi

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: pgsql: Allow concurrent-safe open() and fopen() in frontend codefor Wi
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On Fri, Sep 14, 2018 at 11:22:55AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> I'm surprised you didn't back-patch this --- isn't it a bug fix?
>
> A compromise might be to push it to v11 but not further.

Yes, that's clearly a bug fix from pg_ctl point of view with TAP tests.
However, I have rather cold feet about back-patching for two reasons as
this introduces a behavior change:
- The concurrency part disappears.
- Caller of open() needs to enforce text mode to strip correctly CRLF
characters.

I would be fine to get that into v11 though, as that is not released
yet.  You will have to wait for a couple of days though, there is a long
week-end here away from laptops and electronic devices ;)
--
Michael

Вложения

Сообщение: pgsql: Move PartitionDispatchData struct definition to execPartition.c
Сообщение: pgsql: Move PartitionDispatchData struct definition to execPartition.c