PgAdmin4 stopped working: "The application server could not becontacted."

От Johann Spies
Тема PgAdmin4 stopped working: "The application server could not becontacted."
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Apologies for the rant.

When will we have a pgadmin that just works?

I am on Debian Sid with a pgdg-installation (desktop) of pgadmin4.

Today I cannot use it: "The application server could not be contacted."

I have used it in the past with some frustration but it was usable.

Version: 3.3-1.pgdg100+1 - the latest available from pgdg.

I do not want to reconfigure everything every now and then.

I have used other tools like pgadmin3 (breaking from time to time,
but mostly working), omnidb-app which just works and Datagrip
(which I do not particularly like) which also do the job.

I sometimes just look for functionality available in pgadmin3 and
pgadmin4 that is not available in the others.

Unless the reliability of pgadmin4 improves a lot, I will probably, for
my own peace of mind, take a decision to not try it out again.

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies                            Telefoon: 021-808 4699
Databestuurder /  Data manager        Faks: 021-883 3691

Sentrum vir Navorsing oor Evaluasie, Wetenskap en Tegnologie
Centre for Research on Evaluation, Science and Technology
Universiteit Stellenbosch.

The integrity and confidentiality of this e-mail is governed by these terms / Die integriteit en vertroulikheid van
hierdiee-pos word deur die volgende bepalings gere��l. http://www.sun.ac.za/emaildisclaimer