Re: stat() on Windows might cause error if target file is largerthan 4GB

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: stat() on Windows might cause error if target file is largerthan 4GB
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Sep 11, 2018 at 11:27:08PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> writes:
>> It is possible to get away with the error by using _stat64(), which
>> returns as result a _stat64 structure.  Still, it has one difference
>> with the native result returned by stat() (which maps to _stat64i32) as
>> st_size is a 32-bit integer in _stat64i32, and a 64-bit integer with
>> _stat64.  This mess is mixed also with the fact that pgwin32_safestat
>> relies on a result stored in _stat, so we'd lose the 32 high bits from
>> the size if we only do a direct mapping, which is bad.
>
> Could we fix things so that Postgres thinks that struct stat is
> struct __stat64?  That is, act as though that variant is the native
> stat structure?

That's exactly what I would like to do and what I meant two paragraphs
above as that's the only solution I think would be clean, and this would
take care of st_size nicely.  I have not tested (yet), but some tweaks
in win32_port.h could be enough before mapping lstat to stat?
--
Michael

Вложения