Re: BUG #15376: Postgres sql 9.4.19 pg_upgrade stops with error Thesource cluster was not shut down cleanly.

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: BUG #15376: Postgres sql 9.4.19 pg_upgrade stops with error Thesource cluster was not shut down cleanly.
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Sun, Sep  9, 2018 at 06:22:24PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Sun, Sep  9, 2018 at 04:14:45PM +0000, PG Bug reporting form wrote:
> What 9.4.19 fixed is that users were doing a pg_ctl -m immediate, and
> then running pg_upgrade, and getting _silently_ corrupted upgrades.
> 9.4.19 fixes this so pg_upgrade properly complains when this happens.
>
> You should only see that error if you are doing "immediate" shutdowns of
> your server, and this is not supported, and throws ane error.  Are you
> seeing the pg_upgrade error message when you do a _clean_ shutdown of
> your servers?

Also, you can't run pg_upgrade directly on standby servers.  You have to
either make it a primary server or use the rsync instructions in the
pg_upgrade docs.  The next minor release will have a better error
message on this.