Re: Does logical replication slot itself would be physicallyreplicated to slaves?

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Does logical replication slot itself would be physicallyreplicated to slaves?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Sep 08, 2018 at 05:37:43PM +0800, Jinhua Luo wrote:
> The logical streaming replication is used to replicate changes between
> DC. I need to confirm that whether the logical replication slot would
> be saved in wal and replicated to slave via physical replication? So
> that in case of failover, the new master still holds the slot needed
> by peer.

Replication slot creation is not an operation WAL-logged.  Please note
that slots are not kept in base backups when taking them using the
replication protocol (see basebackup.c for the list of things filtered),
so as the standby or the new instance deployed with this base backup
does not bloat pg_wal with data which may not be around anymore.
--
Michael

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Prevent concurrent DROP SCHEMA when certain objects are beinginitially created in the namespace
Сообщение: Re: Prevent concurrent DROP SCHEMA when certain objects are being initially created in the namespace