Re: pgsql: Clean up after TAP tests in oid2name and vacuumlo.

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: pgsql: Clean up after TAP tests in oid2name and vacuumlo.
Дата
Re: pgsql: Clean up after TAP tests in oid2name and vacuumlo.  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep 05, 2018 at 11:39:50AM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Should this be used in src/test/modules/{brin,test_commit_ts} also?

Hmm, I have not thought those two ones.  commit_ts relies on REGRESS to
be defined so as it does its cleanup.  brin is more interesting, it
directly quotes that it needs to tweak its Makefile to do the cleanup,
and it uses isolation tests.  Wouldn't it be more adapted to add a
second extra switch for isolation tests similar to REGRESS?  We could
call it ISOLATION, and it would list the set of isolation tests you
could run from an extension.  That would be useful for a lot of folks.

Thoughts?  It would be better to start a new thread rather than posting
a new patch, but I'd rather take the temperature first.

> Why do you guys design Makefile rules in pgsql-committers?

That was a bad idea, and a reaction to what Tom has committed for the
cleanup of the new TAP tests I have added previously.
--
Michael

Вложения