Re: Funny hang on PostgreSQL 10 during parallel index scan on slave

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Funny hang on PostgreSQL 10 during parallel index scan on slave
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2018-09-05 18:48:44 +0200, Chris Travers wrote:
> Will submit a patch here shortly.  Thanks!  Should we do for master and
> 10?  Or 9.6 too?

Please don't top-post on this list.  This needs to be done in all
branches where the posix_fallocate call is present.

> > Yep,  Maybe we should check for signals there.
> >
> > On Wed, Sep 5, 2018 at 5:27 PM Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com>
> > wrote:

> >> chunk of memory (2MB for example) in dynamic shared memory.
> >> sleeps 5m, and sends another sigusr1 etc.
> >> endless loop

What you're presumably encountering here is a recovery conflict.

> On Wed, Sep 5, 2018 at 6:40 PM Chris Travers <chris.travers@adjust.com>
> wrote:
> >> Do you mean this loop in dsm_impl_posix_resize() is getting
> >> interrupted constantly and never completing?
> >>
> >>                 /* We may get interrupted, if so just retry. */
> >>                 do
> >>                 {
> >>                         rc = posix_fallocate(fd, 0, size);
> >>                 } while (rc == EINTR);

Probably worthwile to check that the dsm code is properly robust if
errors are thrown from within here.

Greetings,

Andres Freund