Re: pointless check in RelationBuildPartitionDesc

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: pointless check in RelationBuildPartitionDesc
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2018-Sep-04, Amit Langote wrote:

> On 2018/09/04 10:19, Michael Paquier wrote:
> >>
> >> +1.  I remember having facepalmed at this before and had also written a
> >> patch but never got around to submitting it.
> >
> > Ok, I see.  It seems to me that this could be replaced by an
> > elog(ERROR), as relispartition ought to be set anyway.  This way any
> > future callers would get things done in the correct order.
>
> Converting it to elog(ERROR, ...) might be a good idea.

I think it'd be pointless noise.  If we really want to protect against
that, I think we should promote the Assert for relpartbound's isnull
flag into an if test.

Сообщение: Re: pg_verify_checksums failure with hash indexes
Сообщение: Re: pg_verify_checksums failure with hash indexes