Re: trying to delete most of the table by range of date col

От Justin Pryzby
Тема Re: trying to delete most of the table by range of date col
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Mon, Sep 03, 2018 at 11:17:58AM +0300, Mariel Cherkassky wrote:
> Hi,
> I already checked and on all the tables that uses the id col of the main
> table as a foreign key have index on that column.
>
> So, it seems that the second solution is the fastest one. It there a reason
> why the delete chunks (solution 4) wasnt faster?

I suggest running:

SET track_io_timing=on; -- requires superuser
explain(ANALYZE,BUFFERS) DELETE [...]

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Slow_Query_Questions

Maybe you just need larger shared_buffers ?

Justin

От: Mariel Cherkassky
Сообщение: Re: trying to delete most of the table by range of date col
Сообщение: Re: trying to delete most of the table by range of date col