Re: PostgreSQL logical decoder output plugin - unchanged toast data

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: PostgreSQL logical decoder output plugin - unchanged toast data
Дата
Re: PostgreSQL logical decoder output plugin - unchanged toast data
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2018-08-31 17:34:02 +0200, Georgy Buranov wrote:
> > Again, you can set REPLICA IDENTITY to FULL and it'll be there.
> >

> So, why I think this is complicated
>
> * We use primary keys for all tables, so we do not need REPLICA
> IDENTITY full actually. As far as I understand, it will make
> master/slave replication ineffective as well

What do you mean with "ineffective"?  That there's more data in the WAL?
Sure. Otherwise I don't know what you could mean.

There's no free lunch :/

> * I need the information about this primary key in rd_replidindex  of
> relation (to send it later to kafka). As far as I understand, with
> REPLICA IDENTITY FULL the rd_replidindex will not be the primary key

If you want the pkey, that's in rd_pkindex. rd_replidindex will only
differ if the identity is manually set to another candidate key
(possibly because there's no pkey).

Greetings,

Andres Freund