Re: some pg_dump query code simplification

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: some pg_dump query code simplification
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Greetings,

* Andrew Dunstan (andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com) wrote:
> On 08/28/2018 06:05 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> >Dunno about the idea of running the pg_dump TAP tests against back
> >branches.  I find that code sufficiently unreadable that maintaining
> >several more copies of it doesn't sound like fun at all.
>
> Agreed. The code could do with a lot of comments. I recently looked at
> adding something to it and decided I had more pressing things to do.

I'm happy to add more comments to it..  There's a pretty good block that
tries to describe how the tests work above where the tests are actually
defined.  What would help?  Should I include an example in that code
block?  Or are you looking for more comments in the actual test
definitions about what they're covering or why they're included?  Or are
you interested in comments about the actual code down at the bottom
which runs the tests..?

Thanks!

Stephen

Вложения