Re: pg_verify_checksums and -fno-strict-aliasing

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: pg_verify_checksums and -fno-strict-aliasing
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Aug 30, 2018 at 10:07:38PM +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> I wonder if your tests that pg_control has picked things up belong more in
> the tests of initdb itself?

For the case where checksums are disabled, moving there the check on
control data makes sense.

> Do you think there is value in testing against a non-checksum cluster? I
> guess there's some point to it. I think testing actual corruption (like my
> version of the tests) is more valuable, but perhaps we should just do both?

Yeah, let's do stuff on a single cluster which has them only enabled,
as initializing a node is one of the most costly operations in TAP
tests.  Checking that the server is stopped is definitely a must in my
opinion, and your addition about emulating corrupted blocks is a good
idea.  I would personally vote for keeping a control file check within
the tests of pg_verify_checksums as that's cheap.
--
Michael

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: pg_verify_checksums and -fno-strict-aliasing
Сообщение: Re: pg_verify_checksums and -fno-strict-aliasing