Re: pg_verify_checksums failure with hash indexes

От Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Тема Re: pg_verify_checksums failure with hash indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At Wed, 29 Aug 2018 20:10:15 +0900, Yugo Nagata <nagata@sraoss.co.jp> wrote in
<20180829201015.d9d4fde2748910e86a13c0da@sraoss.co.jp>
> On Wed, 29 Aug 2018 16:01:53 +0530
> Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > By the way, I think we can fix this also by clearing the header information of the last
> > > page instead of setting a checksum to the unused page although I am not sure which way
> > > is better.
> > >

> > I think that can complicate the WAL logging of this operation which we
> > are able to deal easily with log_newpage and it sounds quite hacky.
> > The fix I have posted seems better, but I am open to suggestions.
>
> Thank you for your explanation.  I understood  this way could make the
> codes complicated, so I think the way you posted is better.

FWIW, I confirmed that this is the only place where smgrextend
for non-zero pages is not preceded by checksum calculation.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center