Re: BUG #15346: Replica fails to start after the crash

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: BUG #15346: Replica fails to start after the crash
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 2018-Aug-22, Alexander Kukushkin wrote:

> If I comment out the 'BackgroundWorkerInitializeConnection("postgres",
> NULL);' call, postgres starts without any problem.
> What is very strange, because background worker itself is not doing anything...
>
> And one more thing, if I add sleep(15) before calling
> BackgroundWorkerInitializeConnection, postgres manages to start
> successfully.
> Is there a very strange race condition here?

Sounds likely.  I suggest to have a look at what's going on inside the
postmaster process when it gets stuck.

От: Alexander Kukushkin
Сообщение: Re: BUG #15346: Replica fails to start after the crash
Сообщение: Re: BUG #15346: Replica fails to start after the crash