Re: How can I see IDENTITY columns?

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: How can I see IDENTITY columns?
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Greetings,

* Dave Cramer (davecramer@gmail.com) wrote:
> On 8 August 2018 at 15:52, Rob Richardson <interrobang@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > I have now downloaded pgAdmin 4 v3.1.  It has the same problem.
> > I run this command:
> >
> >     CREATE TABLE public.identity_sample
> >     (
> >         identity_sample_key bigint NOT NULL GENERATED BY DEFAULT AS
> > IDENTITY PRIMARY KEY
> >     )
> >     WITH (
> >         OIDS = FALSE
> >     )
> >
> > Then, I run
> >
> >     select attrelid, attname, attidentity from pg_attribute where attname
> > = 'identity_sample_key'
> >
> > and get two records, one of which has an attidentity column that contains
> > 'd'.  The other record's attidentity column is null.
> >
> > Then, in pgAdmin, I refresh the schema and select the identity_sample
> > table.  In the SQL tab, I see this:
> >
> >     -- DROP TABLE public.identity_sample;
> >     CREATE TABLE public.identity_sample
> >     (
> >         identity_sample_key bigint NOT NULL,
> >         CONSTRAINT identity_sample_pkey PRIMARY KEY (identity_sample_key)
> >     )
> >     WITH (
> >         OIDS = FALSE
> >     )
> >     TABLESPACE pg_default;
> >
> > I copy that into a new SQL window, uncomment the DROP TABLE line, and
> > execute it.  Then, I repeat the select query on pg_attribute.  Again, I get
> > two records, but this time the attidentity column is null for both records.

> that seems like a bug, at least a feature that should be there..

Yeah, I tend to agree..  Seems like pgAdmin4 really should be realizing
that it's an identity column and creating a CREATE TABLE statement as
such, though it'll need code specific to v10 and above to do that.

I'm not at all surprised that pgAdmin3 has this issue and I wouldn't get
your hopes up about seeing that fixed.  This should get fixed for
pgAdmin4 though.

Thanks!

Stephen

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: How can I see IDENTITY columns?
Сообщение: Re: How can I see IDENTITY columns?