Re: pg_dump: sortDumpableObjectsByTypeName() doesn't always do that

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: pg_dump: sortDumpableObjectsByTypeName() doesn't always do that
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Greetings,

* Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
> Jacob Champion <pchampion@pivotal.io> writes:
> > Thanks! We have made some progress towards a repro but we're having
> > problems putting it into the pg_dump suite.
>
> Yeah, I find the pg_dump test suite to be pretty much unreadable too.
> Don't worry about it --- I don't think we need to memorialize a test
> case for this.

This would be a similar case to the test:

COPY fk_reference_test_table second

and really wouldn't be very difficult to add, you just have to realize
that the regexp has be set up to match the output of pg_dump and that's
it's a multi-line one, as that test case is.

For my 2c, this seems like a pretty reasonable test to add and wouldn't
be very hard to do.  If you'd like help, please reach out.

Thanks!

Stephen

Вложения