Re: empty pg 12 packages for bionic

От Christoph Berg
Тема Re: empty pg 12 packages for bionic
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-debian
Re: Fabien COELHO 2018-08-07 <alpine.DEB.2.21.1808071634120.25069@lancre>

> Hello pgdg,
>
> It seems that currently pg 12 package list for bionic testing is empty,
> resulting in a impossibility to get the 12devel version on my laptop.
>
> https://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/dists/bionic-pgdg-testing/12/binary-amd64/Packages
>
> However it seems to be ok for xenial and trusty. Is there a policy not to
> support pgdg testing on the latest ubuntu LTS?

Hi,

the list of supported Ubuntu releases for postgresql-12 (or devel in
general) is mostly influenced by what travis-ci supports, so there was
no urge for me to add bionic, but it does indeed make sense to add it.

Done now, will be part of the next regular build. (Every 6 hours
depending on if there was a change in git. That's why it isn't
targeting all distribution/architecture combinations, which would be a
lot of resources and build time.)

Thanks for the suggestion!

> I wonder whether a version could be simply named "devel" or "dev" or
> "master" which would be the latest version from sources, whatever it is.

No, it needs to be called postgresql-12 or else things will get very
complicated. (For upgrades, and postgresql-common operation in
general.)

Christoph