Re: Fw: Windows 10 got stuck with PostgreSQL at starting up. Addingdelay lets it avoid.

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Fw: Windows 10 got stuck with PostgreSQL at starting up. Addingdelay lets it avoid.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jul 20, 2018 at 05:58:13PM +0900, Yugo Nagata wrote:
> He reported this problem to pgsql-general list as below. Also, he created a patch
> to add a build-time option for adding 0.5 or 3.0 seconds delay after each sub
> process starts.  The attached is the same one.  Our client confirmed that this
> patch resolves the dead-lock problem. Is it acceptable to add this option to
> PostgreSQL?  Any comment would be appreciated.

If the OS startup gets slower, then an arbitrary delay is not going to
solve things and you would finish by facing the same problem.  It seems
to me that we need to understand what are the low-level locks which get
stuck, if it is possible to make their acquirement conditional, and then
loop conditionally with multiple retries.
--
Michael

Вложения