Re: Reconnecting a slave to a newly-promoted master

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Reconnecting a slave to a newly-promoted master
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Jul 09, 2018 at 05:58:53PM -0700, Shawn Mulloney wrote:
> There are three PostgreSQL machines: A, B, and C. B and C are slaves off of
> the master, A. A fails, and B is promoted to being the new master. Can C
> just be pointed at A and have it "just work"?

In your question I am pretty sure that you mean "B" instead of "A" as
"A" has died and is off the grid.  The answer to that question would be
perhaps no, as if C could have replayed WAL ahead of B in which case you
could finish with a corrupted C instance if trying to reconnect it
directly to the promoted B.
--
Michael

Вложения