Re: peripatus build failures....

От Larry Rosenman
Тема Re: peripatus build failures....
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jul 05, 2018 at 12:56:49PM +1200, Thomas Munro wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 5, 2018 at 12:35 PM, Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org> wrote:
> > I agree.  Is there an easy way I can add this work around to peripatus'
> > source tree:
> >
> > It may be that adding "LDFLAGS+= -Wl,-z,notext" (and removing LLD_UNSAFE) will let the port build with lld.
>
> Maybe something like this at the end of your build-farm.conf?
>
> if ($branch =~ /^REL(9|_10)/)
> {
>     $conf{config_env}->{"LDFLAGS"} = "...something something...";
> }

Good news.  I ran a quick build test on my checked out FreeBSD ports
tree and with Ed Maste's suggestion, it builds.

Ed's suggestion:
remove LLD_UNSAFE, and add to the LDFLAGS+= line in the port
-Wl,-z,notext.

So, that is indeed a fix for us.  My question is:
how to add this LDFLAG for FreeBSD >= 12 and PostgreSQL <= 11's configure et al

I'm more than willing to try and generate a patch, but would like some
guidance.  I'm also willing to give access to my box.

Phone: +1 214-642-9640                 E-Mail: ler@lerctr.org
US Mail: 5708 Sabbia Drive, Round Rock, TX 78665-2106

Вложения