PG list descriptions

От Justin Pryzby
Тема PG list descriptions
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Hi,

I'm suggesting updated language for the list descriptions.
I couldn't find an address for list admins, so I'm hoping some of them live
here (by design or by coincidence).

On this page: https://www.postgresql.org/list/
I suggest to change from:
itis a more technical question about how PostgreSQL internals work, we recommend subscribing to the
pgsql-hackers@postgresql.orgmailing list.

to:
|    If you're a DBA, system administrator, or software developer with a question about or problem using PostgreSQL, we
recommendthe pgsql-general@postgresql.org mailing list, which is monitored by many experienced PostgreSQL users who may
offeradvice.  For discussion about development of PostgreSQL itself or questions about its internals, we recommend the
pgsql-hackers@postgresql.orgmailing list.

Here: https://www.postgresql.org/list/pgsql-general/
I suggest to change from:
|    General discussion area for users. Apart from compile, acceptance test, and bug problems, most new users will
probablyonly be interested in this mailing list (unless they want to contribute to development or documentation). All
non-bugrelated questions regarding PostgreSQL's version of SQL, and all installation related questions that do not
involvebugs or failed compiles, should be restricted to this area. Please note that many of the developers monitor this
area.
to:
|    Discussion and questions for users of PostgreSQL, including software developers and database and system
administrators. Topics include advanced technical questions as well as general discussion.  Many of the PostgreSQL
developersmonitor and contribute here.

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: "Natalia Piskunova"
Сообщение: PostgreSQL for beginners book
От: "Jonathan S. Katz"
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL for beginners book