Re: Explain buffers wrong counter with parallel plans

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Explain buffers wrong counter with parallel plans
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2018-Jun-29, Tom Lane wrote:

> > I'm CCing Tom here, as author of the patch that caused (most of) the
> > issue.
>
> Uh ... me?  I thought this was a parallel-query issue, which I've
> pretty much not been involved in.

Well, maybe it's a matter of opinion.  Amit K said a few messages back
that your 01edb5c7fc3b ("Improve division of labor between
execParallel.c and nodeGather[Merge].c.") had changed the way these
numbers are printed, but only now I realize that he then indicated that
a different code path was already behaving in that way.

I stand by my opinion that we should not give misleading/confusing info;
either let's show it all in the default output, or only do it in
VERBOSE, but if the latter then let's suppress the misleading numbers in
the default output.