Re: Listing triggers in partitions (was Re: Remove mention in docsthat foreign keys on partitioned tables)

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Listing triggers in partitions (was Re: Remove mention in docsthat foreign keys on partitioned tables)
Дата
Ответ на Re: Listing triggers in partitions (was Re: Remove mention in docsthat foreign keys on partitioned tables)  (David Rowley <david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2018-Jun-28, David Rowley wrote:

> On 28 June 2018 at 09:01, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> > Another angle is that we're already in beta3 and there may be concerns
> > about altering catalog definition this late in the cycle.  Anybody?
> > Maybe psql can just match tgisinternal triggers by name, and if one
> > match occurs then we assume it's a clone that should be listed as a
> > partition trigger.
>
> Are catversion bumps really a huge problem in beta?  Looks like there
> were quite a few during the v10 cycle.

Hm, I remember they were somewhat of a big deal.  Maybe it's not so
anymore and just can pg_upgrade easily?  Of course, once a beta contains
one, and subsequent ones before the next beta are "free".

Your patch for partition pruning will also require one, by the looks, so
I guess it's pretty much settled ...