Re: PANIC during crash recovery of a recently promoted standby

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: PANIC during crash recovery of a recently promoted standby
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jun 22, 2018 at 03:25:48PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 22, 2018 at 02:34:02PM +0900, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI wrote:
>> Hello, sorry for the absense and I looked the second patch.
>
> Thanks for the review!

I have been spending some time testing and torturing the patch for all
stable branches, and I have finished with the set of patches attached.

My testing has involved using the TAP suite, where I have actually, and
roughly backported the infrastructure in v10 down to older versions,
which has required to tweak Makefile.global.in and finding out again
that pg_ctl start has switched to the wait mode by default in 10.

I have spent a bit of time testing this on HEAD, 10 and 9.6.  For 9.5,
9.4 and 9.3 I have reproduced the failure and tested the patch, but I
lacked time to perform more tests.  The patch set for 9.3~9.5 applies
without conflict across the 3 branches.  9.6 has a conflict in a
comment, and v10 had an extra comment conflict.

Feel free to have a look, I am not completely done with this stuff and
I'll work more tomorrow on checking 9.3~9.5.
--
Michael

Вложения